IUNS Re-Integration Grant Application Form
About the IUNS and The Re-Integration Grant
The International Union of Nutritional Sciences is the global umbrella Union for country and regional Nutrition Associations. IUNS seeks to promote advancement in nutritional science, research and development through international cooperation at the global level.
IUNS executes its work through Task Forces and Committees. Under the IUNS Committee on Capacity Development in Nutrition, a re-integration grant system was established. These grants enable early career nutritionists who have completed their doctoral training in a developed country to start their career and or settle in their jobs in their home country.
Funds may be used for items or activities associated with settling into a new role examples include the purchase of books, laptops, setting up an office, support for a pilot research, etc.
Three grants of $10,000 each will available for persons from the following regions: Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Applicants must have completed their doctoral training in nutrition science within the last two years. Some preference will be given to those planning on working in an area compatible with IUNS Task Force activities upon re-integration, however this is not an essential requirement.
1. Completed application form (download via link below)
2. Supporting letter from main thesis supervisor
3. Supporting letter from employer in home country
4. Letter from the applicant indicating how grant funds would be applied; the letter should also indicate how the applicant would support the activities of the Nutrition Society/ Adhering Body in their home country.
• Applicants must come from countries which are Adhering Bodies of IUNS and is in good standing. To verify the status of your country’s status please contact the IUNS Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants must by returning to work in a country within Africa, Asia or Latin America.
• Applicants must have completed their doctoral training in nutrition science within the last two years.
• Applicants intending to work in an area compatible with IUNS Task Force activities upon re-integration with be given some special preference. More information on IUNS Task Forces can be found on this website.
Successful applicants will write a report to IUNS within 1 year explain how the grant was used and comment on the benefits the grant has provided with reintegrating within the country and supporting starting a new career.
Closing date for applications is Monday 30 September 2019.
Applications and all required information should be returned to the IUNS Secretariat: email@example.com